Software Engineer - Display Systems Research
- Woodinville, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Come invent the future. At Facebook Reality Labs (FRL), software development is vital to turbocharging our scientific explorations and generating viable paths to the consumer products people will use for decades to come - products that will literally give people super powers. If you're a C/C++ expert with deep knowledge of real-time systems, a love for solving novel problems from first principles, and an aptitude for graphics or computer vision, you'll thrive in our collaborative environment!
Join the Display Systems Research (DSR) team at FRL, whose work spans VR headsets, new types of computational displays, complex experimental systems, and AI-driven graphics.
- Partner with research scientists, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, and software engineers to build cutting-edge prototypes
- Create the AR/VR technology that will bring people together across the globe
- BS or advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Vision, Math, Physics or related field
- 5+ years C/C++ experience, including C++11 (and up) features and principles
- 5+ years experience creating, extending, integrating and maintaining real-time 3D engine systems such as graphics rendering, audio, physics, networking or animation
- 2+ years of experience with applied linear algebra and 3D geometry
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of computer architecture, including CPU data caching, SIMD instruction sets, and compiler code generation
- Experience shipping one or more products using standard software development toolsets such as source control and continuous integration systems
- 3D graphics libraries such as DirectX, OpenGL, or Vulkan
- Computer vision libraries such as OpenCV
- GPGPU programming using CUDA, OpenCL or DirectCompute
- Machine learning or deep learning
- ML libraries such as PyTorch, TensorFlow or cuDNN
- Proficiency with mathematical optimization theory or software solvers such as Ceres
- Game engines such as Unreal or Unity
- Optical science
- Developing AR/VR applications
Back to top