Software Engineer, Developer Architecture
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Oculus team at Facebook builds the VR hardware and platform to let you experience anything, anywhere, with anyone. Additionally, Facebook has teams dedicated to building social experiences in VR that make it easier to spend time with your friends, wherever they are. Virtual reality's potential to connect the world is immense-and we're just getting started.
Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems. Come work alongside expert software engineers and research scientists to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world.
As a Software Engineer working on the Developer Architecture team of Oculus, you will lead the technical direction for improving the developer interfaces of our core product features and workflows, helping developers extract the full potential of our devices. You'll co-develop the XR-related subsystems with Unity and Unreal engines, which power the vast majority of VR applications. You will prototype and build developer-facing features and components, collaborating with both our external partners and internal Reality Labs teams.
The ideal candidate is an experienced software architect with deep experience in building graphics and/or other low-level systems of game engines, and deep understanding of the AAA developer interface and workflows.
- Lead the technical direction on improving the developer interfaces of our core product features and workflows
- Help deliver an exceptional virtual reality experience by improving performance and quality of our SDK
- Co-develop the XR-related subsystems, and optimize performance and quality of game engines for VR development
- Prototype and build developer-facing features and components for Oculus developers
- Work with internal/external partners to enable future Oculus VR devices
- BS Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience in core game engine development
- 7+ years experience with C/C++ programming on low-level systems
- 3D math and 3D graphics with OpenGL, DirectX or Vulkan experience
- Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python, etc.)
- Experience in collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Technical leadership experience
- Knowledge of Mobile development, especially in graphics and performance
- Experience with CPU and GPU profiling tools and optimization
- AR/VR development experience
- Experience in designing, developing and publishing developer-facing SDKs
Back to top