Software Engineer - Depth Sensing
The Oculus team at Facebook builds the VR hardware and platform to let you experience anything, anywhere, with anyone. Additionally, Facebook has teams dedicated to building social experiences in VR that make it easier to spend time with your friends, wherever they are. Virtual reality's potential to connect the world is immense-and we're just getting started. Oculus Core Tech is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, machine learning, mixed reality, advanced display and optics, and new ways to map the human body.
Software is a key ingredient in developing great virtual reality technology. We are looking for an exceptional Software Engineer with a record of accomplishment in real-time C++ development. You'll be solving challenges at the forefront of computer vision that transform virtual reality from dream to reality. We're looking for a creative engineer to usher in the next era of human-computer interaction by solving hard and exciting real-time software problems.
- Help creating real-time depth sensing systems.
- Deliver an exceptional virtual reality experience by improving performance and quality of our computer vision software.
- Evaluate, analyze and optimize system resources related to image processing, computer vision and machine learning.
- Evaluate future platforms capabilities and performance.
- Prototype new and innovative depth sensing systems.
- Participate in innovative research in computer vision.
- Build tools and infrastructure to enable product advancements and efficiency gains across both software and hardware.
- Collaborate with cross-functional hardware and software teams to incorporate their innovations and vice versa.
- Develop robust software for integrating multiple sensors and tracking systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Robotics or related technical field.
- 3+ years' experience developing software in C++ for real-time systems.
- Experience working collaboratively in cross-functional teams.
- Experience with Software Development processes including: source control, bug tracking, and design documentation.
- Background in Computer Vision.
- Knowledge in machine learning and 3D geometry.
- Experience with OS internals and kernel development/debugging for Android and/or Linux.
- Experience working on VR, AR and/or MR.
- Experience in performance and optimization of CV/ML or image processing software modules.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top