Software Engineer, Depth and Camera (3D/2D) Imaging Pipelines
Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual reality systems. We are currently seeking innovative engineers with a passion for technology to break new ground in depth and camera imaging pipelines at our research location in Redmond, WA. Within the Facebook Reality Labs Sensors team, the aim of this role focuses on formulating a new generation of end-to-end real-time 3D scene understanding systems working across novel mobile sensor design, sensor fusion, state estimation, computer vision, large-scale reconstruction and localization, as well as large-scale online inference and optimization.
- Plan and execute cutting edge development to advance the state of the art in depth and imaging pipelines, including mapping, reconstruction and localization, as well as 3D scene understanding across various depth sensing systems
- Collaborate with other researchers and engineers across both machine and human perception teams at Facebook to develop experiments, prototypes, and concepts that advance the state-of-the-art in AR/VR systems
- Work with the team to help design, setup, and run practical experiments related to large scale long-duration sensing and machine reasoning
- Experience with real-world system building and data collection, including design, coding (C++) and evaluation (C++/Python)
- Experience in any of the following fields: Computer Vision, Sensor Modeling, Sensor Fusion, State Estimation, 3D Reconstruction, Mapping & Localization, 3D geometry, Physics based models, or a related field
- Interpersonal experience: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Hands-on experience with 3D Computer Vision algorithms including Calibration, SLAM, Reconstruction, Mapping, Localization and image processing
- Experience with designing (products or open-source/Git software) of inertial/optical/acoustic sensing devices
- Experience in modern GPU programming (CUDA, OpenGL, OpenCL, DirectX)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Lauren W.Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top