Software Engineer, Data Privacy
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook's Data Privacy team is seeking engineers who are passionate about ensuring the proper stewardship of 2 billion people's personal data. You will help build scalable systems and infrastructure to guarantee the correct retention, processing, and deletion of data while helping shape privacy products and features. Have a large impact by making sure Facebook meets both its high internal expectations and the expectations of people who use the service.
- Implement robust enforcement mechanisms to safeguard data privacy.
- Build infrastructure that tracks products launching across the Facebook suite of apps and ensures privacy is built into those products.
- Work collaboratively with privacy and legal teams to understand and mitigate privacy risks.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- Demonstrated experience shipping products
- Thrives in dynamic, fast-paced environments
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top