Software Engineer, Data Flow (Menlo Park)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join our Data Pipeline Platform team. Our mission is to enable Facebook to move fast, through data-driven decision making and to generate customer value from data. We are part of the broader Data Warehouse Infrastructure group.
The team builds the platform and tools that power large-scale data processing and analytics at Facebook. As an infrastructure team, we provide thousands of data engineers, data scientists, software engineers and analysts at Facebook, the tools and frameworks to manage the full lifecycle of data pipelines. This covers everything from authoring of the pipelines, to deployment, scheduling, monitoring and troubleshooting. We are focused on all workloads across streaming, batch and machine learning. Our work enables all of our products to make critical decisions and monitor outcomes.
We are looking for candidates who share a passion for building data tools, frameworks and platforms that enable others to move fast and be more productive. These building blocks must scale through multiple orders of magnitude, enabling Facebook analytics to be fast and high quality.
This position is full-time and is based in our main office in Menlo Park, CA.
- Design backend and frontend software components, and tools.
- Code using primarily Python, Java, PHP/Hack, React.
- Interface with other teams to collaborate in transforming the landscape.
- Conduct design and code reviews.
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources.
- Design, architect and implement a data flow platform for efficient data processing and machine learning.
- 6+ years of coding experience in Java, C++ or C#.
- 2+ years of experience building on or managing data platforms, data infrastructure, metrics or pipeline management.
- B.S in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Experience working directly with data engineer or data scientist teams.
- Experience implementing or supporting data pipelines, in batch/streaming/ML systems (e.g. Spark, Flink, Hive, Presto, Kafka, Storm, Beam, Hadoop MapReduce).
Back to top