Software Engineer, Connectivity Lab
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we're just getting started.
In Connectivity Lab, we build hardware and software to advance the mission of Internet.org, a global initiative dedicated to making affordable Internet access available to the two thirds of the world not yet connected. This role is an opportunity to build state-of-the-art network software to ensure the performance, reliability and rapid deployment of these networks.
- Work in a small team of smart and dedicated people in a startup-like environment to develop scalable, secure networks and management systems capable of supporting rural networks in developing countries
- Work at multiple levels in the software stack to support many new deployments
- Drive and evaluate deployment architectures
- Work closely to create roadmaps internally and with vendors
- 5+ years of experience with ISP or mobile carrier networks
- 5+ years of experience with IP protocol stack
- 5+ years of experience with Linux operating system
- 5+ years of experience in C, C++ or Java (Python or PHP a plus)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top