Software Engineer, Connectivity
(Menlo Park, CA - Seattle, WA - Boston, MA - Woodland Hills, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Software Engineer to join the Infrastructure Connectivity Programs team. The Infra Connectivity team builds the bleeding edge technology that will allow Facebook to connect our next billion users. Our projects are aimed at delivering connectivity to people without access to the internet and increasing connectivity for people with access to existing, but inadequate network infrastructures. We are taking both practical and ambitious approaches to large scale problems and are looking for candidates who share a passion for tackling complexity and building communication software that will impact the way communities connect and share information. This position is full-time and is based in our offices in Menlo Park, CA; Woodland Hills, CA; Seattle, WA; or Boston, MA.
- Design core, backend software components
- Code using primarily C/C++, Java, PHP and Hack
- Interface with other teams to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- 2+ years relevant coding experience in C, C++, Java and/or C#
- 2+ years relevant coding experience in Perl, PHP, Hack or Python
- 2+ years relevant experience building large-scale server applications
- B.S. Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience with operating system internals, filesystems, programming language design, compilers, communication and networking software
- Experience with network devices (routers, switches, load balancers) and an understanding of network routing protocols
- Experience in Systems programming, TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, SPDY, DNS, and load balancers
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top