Software Engineer, Computer Vision, Tracking (Oculus)
The Oculus team at Facebook is helping more people around the world come together and connect through world-class VR hardware and software. With global departments dedicated to VR research, computer vision, haptics, social interaction, and more, Oculus is committed to driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation. VR's potential to change the world is immense-and we're just getting started.
Our Core Tech team explores, develops, and delivers new cutting-edge technologies that serve as the foundation of current and future Oculus products. From mixed reality and human interaction to natural inputs and beyond, Core Tech is focused on taking new technologies from early concept to the product level while iterating, prototyping, and realizing the human value and new experiences they open up.
You are passionate about developing real-time computer vision systems to take virtual reality to the next level. You can apply the latest techniques in computer vision, computer graphics, machine learning or physically-based modeling to tracking face. You're an exceptional C++ software engineer with a solid understanding of applied mathematics and numerical optimization as used in computer vision, robotics, computer graphics or related fields. You're capable of driving cutting-edge and performance-sensitive systems that incorporate the latest innovations in deep learning and computer vision.
- Develop new advanced technologies related to tracking deformable or articulated objects, 3D reconstruction, photometric stereo, object detection, and appearance modeling
- Plan and execute cutting-edge research to advance face tracking and animation from proof of concept to production
- Design, develop and implement new novel tracking algorithms across all Oculus products
- Develop novel, accurate computer vision algorithms and advanced systems with a focus on real-time object tracking, sensor fusion, visual odometry, camera calibration and 3D reconstruction
- Design core components up and down the software stack, developing primarily in C++ on different platforms
- Develop tools, scripts and tests, and document the work
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 3+ years of experience developing software in C++, including algorithm design and systems software development
- 3+ years of experience with 3D computer graphics or 3D vision - specifically real-time tracking (e.g. of objects, hands, bodies, faces) or 3D reconstruction
- Experience researching, developing and prototyping hardware and software technologies
- Experience training deep convolutional and/or recurrent neural networks
- End-to-end product development experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top