Software Engineer, Computer Vision, Portal AI
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Portal team is building products that make it easier for people to connect with the ones they love most. We are a team of world-class experts developing and shipping products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content.
The Portal AI Team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. We are looking for a Computer Vision Engineer for developing product software that does not shy away from very hard problems and leverages latest innovations in computer vision and machine learning to deliver world class products. The ideal candidate will have strong technical background and experience developing rich and intuitive consumer-facing products.
This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Apply computer vision and machine learning techniques to build intelligent user experiences
- Develop novel, accurate computer vision algorithms and advanced systems for applications such as real-time detection and tracking of people and objects, scene understanding, and real-time video enhancement
- Develop optimized software to run on variety of platforms and environments including mobile, tablet and laptops
- Work with product managers to define use cases, and develop methodology and benchmarks to evaluate different approaches
- 3+ years of experience developing software for consumer devices or mobile, including algorithm design and systems software development
- 3+ years' experience developing computer vision algorithms
- MS degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or related quantitative field
- Experience in people detection or tracking or similar applications of computer vision
Back to top