Software Engineer, Computer Vision (Oculus)
(Menlo Park, CA - Redmond, WA - Sausalito, CA - Zurich, Switzerland)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
The Oculus team at Facebook builds the VR hardware and platform to let you experience anything, anywhere, with anyone. Additionally, Facebook has teams dedicated to building social experiences in VR that make it easier to spend time with your friends, wherever they are. Virtual reality's potential to connect the world is immense—and we're just getting started. Oculus Research is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, advanced optics, eye tracking, mixed reality, and new ways to map the human body.
Oculus is seeking a talented Software Engineer to join our Computer Vision team. Our team applies a range of software, computer vision and machine learning techniques to build products that enable new ways for people to connect and share experiences. We're addressing a variety of technical challenges in the areas of real-time image processing, 3D graphics, SLAM, visualization and human interaction. We're looking for candidates with deep C++ knowledge who share a passion for building performant software for new hardware devices. Open positions are based in Menlo Park, Sausalito, Redmond and Zurich.
- Design core components up and down the software stack, developing primarily in C++
- Build tools and infrastructure to enable product advancements and efficiency-gains across both software and hardware
- Collaborate with cross-functional hardware and software teams to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Evaluate, analyze and optimize system resources related to image processing, computer vision and machine learning
- Develop solutions for real world problems and integrate solutions into products
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Robotics or related technical field
- 3+ years experience developing software in C++ for real-time embedded systems
- Experience developing software for computer vision, machine learning or computer graphics applications
- Experience with hardware, firmware and drivers
- Experience working on depth sensor technology, SLAM, imaging/camera systems and/or consumer mobile products
- Experience working on VR, AR and/or MR
- Experience with CPU/GPU programming
- Experience with OS internals and kernel development/debugging for Android and/or Linux
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top