Software Engineer, Compiler
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the PyTorch Infra group. We support test coverage, compilation and other better engineering aspects of the PyTorch team at Facebook. Our larger team originated and supports the ML Frameworks that powers all research to production ML across Facebook and a significant fraction of research and production externally.
- Maintain developer velocity and quality internally and open source as a core PyTorch developer
- Improve build, compilation and linkage of C++ libraries across multiple platforms
- Expand compiler and test coverage to new backends, including GPUs and accelerators
- Collaborate with other core teams on PyTorch modularity, profiling and test coverage
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability and stability of our toolchains
- B.S. Computer Science or related technical field
- Extensive understanding of C++ internals and compilers including LLVM, GCC and MSVC
- Solid understanding of C++ compilation and linking across platforms including Python bindings
- Experience working on compiler toolchains
- Familiarity with CUDA and accelerator hardware
- Knowledge around programming languages
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top