Software Engineer, Compiler
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Compiler Software Engineer to join the Software Engineering (Developer Infrastructure) team. The Software Engineering (Developer Infrastructure) team builds solutions and tooling that support Facebookâ€™s large engineering staff and the products that these teams build. This position is full-time and is based in our main office in Menlo Park, CA.
- Analyze and design effective compiler optimizations
- Implement and/or enhance code generation targeting mobile or server platforms
- Code using primarily C++
- Interface with other compiler-focused teams to evaluate and incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of our toolchains
- B.S. Computer Science or related technical field
- 1+ years experience working on and contributing to an active compiler toolchain codebase, such as LLVM, GCC, MSVC
- Interest in the Compiler field
- M.S. or Ph.D. training in compiler engineering or related fields
- 4+ years relevant coding experience in C or C++
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top