Software Engineer, Community Integrity
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking Machine Learning Engineers to join our Community Integrity Machine Learning engineering team. This team is responsible for identifying and remediating objectionable content on Facebook. We use machine learning to examine photos, videos, text, and anything else to decide if it contains nudity, pornography, violence, or hate speech. We make use of computer vision, machine learning, graph analysis, and large scale systems programming to ensure that people have a Facebook feed that only includes content they want to see. The ideal candidate will have industry experience working on a range of classification problems, supervised ML, deep learning, and natural language processing.
- Develop highly scalable classifiers and tools leveraging machine learning, data regression, and rules based models
- Suggest, collect and synthesize requirements and create effective feature roadmap
- Code deliverables in tandem with the engineering team
- Adapt standard machine learning methods to best exploit modern parallel environments (e.g. distributed clusters, multicore SMP, and GPU)
- MS degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field
- 5+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, recommendation systems, pattern recognition, data mining or artificial intelligence
- Proven ability to translate insights into business recommendations
- Experience with Hadoop/HBase/Pig or MapReduce/Sawzall/Bigtable
- Knowledge developing and debugging in C/C++ and Java
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, PHP, and shell scripts
- Experience with filesystems, server architectures, and distributed systems
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top