Software Engineer, CDN
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking Software Engineers to join our CDN infrastructure team. The CDN team is responsible for developing the software and infrastructure for the largest photo sharing sites on the Internet. Through our development of custom caching systems, smart load balancers, on-the-fly transcoders, realtime performance & efficiency analytics, and content removal flows, we are able to provide a world class photo and video experience for Facebook, Instagram, and beyond.The team faces many challenges as we continue to scale our software to meet demands from aggressive growth, as well as implementing new features to help Facebook's products scale. If you have a strong interest in caching, networking, and performance at large scale, you could have a huge impact on site performance and network traffic at Facebook. Apply now and learn more about our upcoming initiatives in this space. This position is full-time (based in Menlo Park, CA) and there are minimal travel requirements.
- Develop software that runs on servers throughout the world
- Design, implement, and optimize algorithms for improving network
- Collaborate with other teams to design, automate, monitor, and scale infrastructure to support multi-terabit class traffic
- Design and implement new infrastructure to support new video, photos, and other product features in a scalable way
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, stability, reliability, and performance of CDN infrastructure
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Work with other teams to integrate and support their products and solutions innovations on our CDN
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
- At least 2 years software development experience with filesystems, concurrency, multithreading, server architectures, and distributed systems
- Experience replacing networking hardware devices with software services
- Experience working with networking protocols (such as HTTP, SSL, TCP)
- At least 2 years developing and debugging in system level C/C++/Java, particularly on Linux
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top