Software Engineer, Big Data
(Tel Aviv, Israel)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Our Tel Aviv data engineering team is a group of engineers who are passionate about data, responsible for full data processing flows; processing the raw data and applying statistical methodologies. Our work here involves design and development of systems and tools for data collection, data processing, data correction, monitoring, data access platforms and much more – all of these at the largest scales and resources. Insights derived from our processes, drive and enable decision making throughout Facebook and impact millions around the world. We are looking for a very autonomous full-stack engineer, who is experienced with various technologies, is a fast learner and has a “get things done” mentality. If this is you we’d love to hear from you!
- Build data solutions that enable product and business teams at Facebook to make data driven decisions
- Rethink and influence strategy and roadmap for building scalable data solutions and scalable data warehouse environment
- Implementing the tools and processes, handling performance, scale, availability, accuracy and monitoring
- Leverage homegrown Big Data framework as well as off-the-shelf tools, as appropriate
- Create actionable dashboards and unique data visualisations
- Working directly with many teams across Facebook
- 5+ years of previous work experience or B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science or related field
- Thorough knowledge and experience with Java and/or Python
- Passionate about data
- Experience with large-scale production databases
- Experience and knowledge of big data technologies such as Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Presto, ETL frameworks
- Experience with backend web development such as Ruby on Rails/ Node.js/ Django/
- PHP/ React
- Experience with machine learning – advantage
Please submit an English version of your CV
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top