Software Engineer, Android
Facebook Reality Labs (FRL) brings together a world-class, cross-discipline R&D team with the shared goal of developing the next generation of AR and VR technologies. Join us on the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world. Working with the cross-discipline Surreal Machine Perception team, we're looking for someone who will develop Android software for future HMD devices. The successful candidate will have good understanding of the Android NDK framework and of Audio/Video capture. The candidate will have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Design and build mobile device infrastructure and applications in C++.
- Design, develop and test audio/video capture and encryption pipeline.
- Improve application performance and power efficiency.
- Develop tools for debugging, instrumenting and shipping native code on Android.
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews for the software team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar
- 3+ years experience in mobile application development in C++ using the Android NDK
- Experience with shipping Android based consumer products
- Experience in understanding codebases, including API design techniques
- Experience in C++ language and related frameworks
- Experience with multi-threading and memory management specific to mobile device
- Experience with encryption and compression libraries on embedded devices
- Experience with audio/video pipelines on embedded devices
Back to top