Software Engineer, AI (University Grad)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
In this role, you will embed deeply with researchers at Facebook AI Research (FAIR) and develop experiments and prototypes at the frontier of AI Research. You will need to engage with research topics and cover new domains quickly; build deep expertise with Facebook data and tools; apply high standards to the research code around you and develop an ability to identify highly impactful projects in a complex and unexplored domain. You will gain valuable experience in artificial intelligence and AI, publish academic papers and help push forward the understanding of learning and intelligent systems. To learn more about our research, visit https://research.facebook.com (https://research.facebook.com/).
- Develop highly scalable algorithms based on state-of-the-art machine learning and neural network methodologies.
- Collaborate with Facebook AI Research (FAIR) Scientists to facilitate research that enables learning the semantics of data (images, video, text, audio, and other modalities).
- Apply knowledge of relevant research domains along with expert coding skills to platform and framework development projects.
- Adapt machine learning and neural network algorithms and architectures to best exploit modern parallel environments (e.g. distributed clusters, multicore SMP, and GPU).
- Graduating with B.S. degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field.
- Experience in developing and debugging in C/C++ and/or Python.
- Ability to obtain and maintain work authorization in the country of employment in 2018.
- M.S. degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field.
- Experience building systems based on machine learning (especially deep learning) methods.
- Experience using frameworks like PyTorch, Caffe2, Tensorflow, Theano, Keras, and/or Chainer.
- Experience with storage systems, distributed systems, HPC, compilers, and/or CUDA programming.
- Research and software engineer experience demonstrated via an internship, contributions to open source, work experience, or coding competitions.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top