Software Engineer, Ads Ranking
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join one of our ranking teams. You can help build the next-generation experiences for Facebook to help 1 billion people around the world find what they're looking for in a quick, fun, easy-to-use way.
- Prefer candidates to have experience in ads, or neural networks, recommender systems, or large scale machine learning systems.
- The candidates will work on machine learning innovations to help make better predictions of ads on Facebook and Instagram.
- Areas of projects include multitask learning, image/text recognition, user/ad modeling, conversion modeling, and modeling new optimization objectives.
- MS in Computer Science or related technical field with 5+ years of applied ranking or machine learning experience, or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field
- Strong background in Machine Learning
- Programming experience in C, C++, Java or Python
- Experience with Information Retrieval, Ranking Systems, Recommendation Systems or Artificial Intelligence
- Knowledge of map-reduce/Hadoop a plus
- Knowledge of distributed systems a plus
- Passion for working on hard scoring problems
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top