Software Engineer, Ads Ranking
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join one of our ranking teams. You can help build the next-generation experiences for Facebook to help 1 billion people around the world find what they're looking for in a quick, fun, easy-to-use way.
- The candidates will work on machine learning innovations to help make better predictions of ads on Facebook and Instagram.
- Areas of projects include multitask learning, image/text recognition, user/ad modeling, conversion modeling, and modeling new optimization objectives.
- Experience in ads or neural networks, recommender systems, or large scaled machine learning systems preferred.
- MS in Computer Science or related technical field with 5+ years of applied ranking or machine learning experience, or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field
- Strong background in Machine Learning
- Programming experience in C, C++, Java or Python
- Experience with Information Retrieval, Ranking Systems, Recommendation Systems or Artificial Intelligence
- Knowledge of map-reduce/Hadoop a plus
- Knowledge of distributed systems a plus
- Passion for working on hard scoring problems
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top