Software Development Manager, Global Support Engineering Infrastructure
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Global Support Engineering Infrastructure (GSEI) team designs and builds a suite of support tools to help Facebook's operations teams to provide service and support to their partners, both internal and external. These tools include; case management systems for tracking partner requests, queue management systems for coordinating team tasks across a range of ticketing systems, reporting systems so the operations teams can monitor and manage their performance and many advanced routing, assignment and translation frameworks to ensure our suite of tools can map to the operational needs of our userbase. These systems combine together to form a comprehensive support management suite which we are continually growing and enhancing.
We are looking for an experienced engineering manager to lead the Global Support Engineering Infrastructure (GSEI) team at Facebook. This role will ensure we continue to build, scale and innovate the support systems that the Facebook partner operations teams rely on to help resolve issues for our partners. Those who join this team are passionate about engineering quality code while also working with cross-functional partners to improve their operational efficiency through advanced tooling. This role is based out of our Menlo Park office.
- Leading a team of highly talented engineers as they build, scale and innovate our partner support service tools (e.g. ticket management systems, knowledge bases, live chat services all augmented by machine learning systems)
- Oversee the roadmaps for each support system to ensure product market fit, as informed by our cross-functional partners and market research
- Plan and prioritize team goals and development plans to ensure on time delivery of products and features
- Deliver robust and scalable support systems, which are easily expanded in the future
- 3+ years of experience managing a technical team
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent degree and experience)
- Problem-solving and analytical experience
- Experience communicating with cross-functional collaborators and stakeholder management
- Experience managing remote teams across time-zones
- Experience building tools and infrastructure
- Experience working in a technical project management or product management role
- Experience working in an operational or support role
Back to top