Software Development Director, Online Operations Engineering
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Online Operations Engineering (OOE) focuses on building, maintaining and enhancing the back office tools that the Facebook operations team rely on to help resolve issues for our community and partners. Those who join this team are passionate about working with cross-functional partners to improve their operational efficiency through the development of tooling and infrastructure. This is your chance to join the team that helps build the tools and systems that ensure that people who use and rely on Facebook have the best possible experiences. This role is based out of our Menlo Park office.
We want the most creative and experienced engineering leaders to join us in making the world more open and connected. We embrace entrepreneurs as well as those who come from more established organizations. We're looking for a Software Engineering Director with progressive technical experience, a demonstrated progression of management scope, sharp coding skills, and a passion for managing outstanding engineers in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead and motivate four global teams that are focused on operational systems for Facebook.
- Ability to ensure high quality standards are met whilst balancing the fast paced nature of the environment.
- Driving accountability for systems deployment and monitoring across operational surfaces.
- Ability to drive change and influence product decisions.
- Help to shape thinking around robust, scaleable technical solutions for thousands of Facebook employees.
- Background working on solutions built using languages such as C++, PHP, Java.
- Provide consultancy into peer engineering teams and product teams.
- Experiment with emerging Facebook technologies to develop future solutions.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 8+ years of management experience.
- 5+ years experience in core programming languages such as C++, PHP, Java.
- Demonstrate creative problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- International management experience.
- Proven career in creating and managing high performing teams.
- Defining and implementing strategies for operational engineering teams.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top