Software Developer, Tools (WhatsApp)
(Menlo Park, CA)
WhatsApp is the world’s fastest growing communication company with over 1 billion active users globally. We help bring friends, families, communities, soccer groups, doctors, storm chasers, and million others closer. We are just getting started. We are looking for the best individuals to grow and support this incredible community of users. WhatsApp has been ranked as one of the Top 25 Most downloaded apps in over 100 countries on the App Store and has received over 1 Billion installs on Google Play. Our spacious office is located in the heart of downtown Mountain View.
Join a world-class engineering-driven company, where you’ll have instant impact from day one. WhatsApp has an open culture and flat organization. Every engineer is literally sitting a few steps away from the founders. As a member of our engineering team you will tackle challenging issues of scale, reliability and security while delivering a delightful, simple user experience to a global user base. If you love writing code, hate tons of meetings, then come talk to us.
- Develop internal APIs and web applications for support and localization teams
- Enhance our website, blog and crowd-sourced translation site
- Deliver improvements to our search system and automate QA
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from founders, support team and other engineers
- Experience in Python
- Knowledge of OOP and functional programming techniques
- Understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, asset loading / caching)
- Understanding of design patterns for web applications
- MySQL and document-based database knowledge
- Server administration experience on FreeBSD / Linux
- Must be a self-starter and enjoy working in a team with other professionals
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- 2+ Years of Software Development
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top