Software Developer, Tools (WhatsApp)
(Menlo Park, CA)
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas â€" making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
Join a world-class engineering-driven company, where you'll have instant impact from day one. WhatsApp has an open culture and flat organization. Every engineer is literally sitting a few steps away from the founders. As a member of our engineering team you will tackle challenging issues of scale, reliability and security while delivering a delightful, simple user experience to a global user base. If you love writing code, hate tons of meetings, then come talk to us.
- Develop internal APIs and web applications for support and localization teams
- Enhance our website, blog and crowd-sourced translation site
- Deliver improvements to our search system and automate QA
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from founders, support team and other engineers
- Experience in Python
- Knowledge of OOP and functional programming techniques
- Understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, asset loading / caching)
- Understanding of design patterns for web applications
- MySQL and document-based database knowledge
- Server administration experience on FreeBSD / Linux
- Must be a self-starter and enjoy working in a team with other professionals
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- 2+ Years of Software Development
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top