Software Developer, Analytics Solutions
- Seattle, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
- Help plan, design, build and operate our data centers through automation of analytical software solutions utilizing large volumes of mission-critical data, to analyze trends, surface anomalies, optimize complex logistics & operations, as well as enable real-time operations, all while using the latest big data technologies, programming languages, frameworks and open-source libraries.
- Develop and implement productivity software solutions based on data analytics which allow our data center pre-ops and operations teams to be more efficient in planning, designing, building and operating the data centers.
- Partner with data scientists to deploy analytics, machine learning and optimization models in production environments and integrate them with the IDC operations.
- Help scale and optimize our overall data center capacity by developing cutting edge tools which improve efficiency and bring automation to our data centers.
- Partner with the operational & engineering teams in order to implement, verify and iterate on the analytical solutions being developed.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems or other related engineering field.
- 3+ years experience working with a relational database.
- 3+ years experience with object-oriented software development.
- SQL experience in handling volumes of data and performance tuning.
- Experience in system design (data modeling, BE Design & complexity considerations).
- Proven experience translating business requirements into software requirements and explain the systems design.
- Proven experience working effectively with cross-functional teams.
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or other related engineering field.
- Experience with React (React.JS or React Native).
- Experience in HDFS, Hive.
- Experience with big data, statistics and Machine Learning.
- Experience with algorithms and optimization.
Back to top