- Pittsburgh, PA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Come invent the future. At Facebook Reality Labs, software development is vital to empowering our scientific explorations and generating viable paths to the consumer products people will use for decades to come - products that will truly give people superpowers. If you're a C++ software engineering expert with deep knowledge of real-time systems, a love for solving novel problems from first principles, and an aptitude for optimization then you'll thrive in our collaborative environment. Join a world-class team of pioneers experimenting with breakthrough interaction technology including virtual humans from capture to reproduction. Partner with expert research scientists, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers and other brilliant software minds to build cutting-edge prototypes and create the technology that makes AR/VR universal. At the Pittsburgh lab, we aspire to a vision of social VR and AR where people are able to interact with each other across distances in a way that is indistinguishable from in-person interactions. We're just getting started. You can help us make this dream a reality and a key lab leader.
- Lead the technical vision of the overall telepresence software architecture of the lab
- Create win-win outcomes combining short-term and long-term goals across product and craft
- Define and implement craft excellence through proper software methodologies, coding standards, and API specifications
- Develop technical roadmaps for multiple interconnected telepresence software projects
- Drive the complete software development lifecycle from initial research and analysis through design and implementation with maintenance and support for libraries, applications, and services
- Collaborate with other engineers, researchers, technical program managers, vendors, and internal customers for project requirements and deliverables
- Mentor and guide software engineers and interns
- BSc, MSc or PhD in Computer Science or relevant experience
- Experience on application fundamentals such as lifecycle, testability, performance, telemetry, diagnostics, and power/CPU/memory consumption
- 10+ years in software development experience developing, debugging, and shipping software products on large code bases that span platforms and tools
- 5+ years of experience in C++, C#, and Python
- Experience with machine learning, computer vision, and/or computer graphics
- Experience with 3D Engines (Unity, Unreal, OpenGL, etc.) and game technologies
- Experience with real time communication protocols and systems
- Experience developing APIs, SDKs and developer tools
- Experience building for wearables
- Experience with PHP and SQL
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top