Software Application Integration Engineer
Our goal at Oculus Research is to make the consumer virtual, augmented, and mixed reality experiences that ship in five to ten years great. Virtual reality today is a vast, highly interdisciplinary research space that has only begun to be explored; we are building a team capable of leapfrogging VR and AR forward by bringing together researchers and engineers spanning a wide range of expertise, including: optics, displays, audio, sensing, computer vision, scene reconstruction, graphics, animation, UX, haptics, machine learning and optimization, software and hardware engineering, social interaction, perceptual psychology and material sciences. Join us in creating the future.
As a Software Applications Integration Engineer on the Cork site team at Oculus Research, you'll ensure our ability to acquire, manage, access, & store information. You will build, enhance, monitor and maintain information systems for the Cork site. You will have the opportunity to partner with many different teams across Facebook and Oculus. The ideal candidate is a detail oriented engineer with expertise in the IT industry, particularly applications integration.
- Researches, designs, develops local systems and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
- Tests, and debugs complex new software products, or makes significant enhancements to existing software capabilities.
- Troubleshoots complex problems and provides internal customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
- Resolves complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
- Conducts investigations, hardware/software integrations, and tests of considerable complexity.
- Responsible for process and measurement equipment integration and equipment testing activities.
- Independently plan, prepare and conduct equipment communications tests.
- Develop and deploy automation tools to optimize daily activities. Aid in the creation and maintenance of knowledge base documentation.
- Provide operational support for equipment communication issues.
- Seeks out methods for improvement of data-quality (e.g. techniques of data classification, outlier filtering etc.) as required.
- Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials. Provides on-going training for users.
- Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements. Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress.
- Ensures adequate disaster recovery and business continuance plan effectiveness to protect critical data and ensure operational readiness.
- Manages system security, permissions, and related best practices.Defines backup and restore strategies.
- Manages adoption and integration of Facebook software platforms, toolsets and processing/storage solutions as appropriate for the business needs.
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Information Technology or relevant field.
- Strong experience with PowerShell scripting as it relates to Windows and
- Exchange/O365 automation (analyzing, modifying, and creating new).
- Solid understanding of Microsoft SharePoint and OneDrive for Business.
- Expertise in using scripting languages required (e.g. Python, R, etc.).
- Experience with databases (Oracle, MS SQLServer, MySQL) required.
- Experience with statistical tools (e.g. JMP, MiniTab, R, MATLAB, etc.) desirable.
- Designing and configuring customized and standard models for equipment and process automation.
- Manufacturing process control
- Equipment integration standards desirable.
- Integration of equipment with MES and other factory applications.
- Practical application of object-oriented analysis and design with Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Application of object oriented design and programming patterns.
- Programming skills in C# and the Microsoft .NET framework (including WPF, WCF, WF, etc.).
- Programming language C++ desirable.
Back to top