Software and Systems Lead, Building 8
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories and that advance Facebook’s mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA-style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. Building 8 seeks a Software and Systems Lead who has the penchant for building technical solutions to support Go-to-Market and Consumer Experience activities. We are looking for a slightly impatient individual willing to face down their fear of failure to accomplish bold things. This is a full- time position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Work with Facebook’s cross functional teams to plan and implement end to end Software solutions for Building 8’s customer experience team
- Creating a cohesive infrastructure platform for Go-to-Market with synergies that work across the company and can span across different sites
- Develop software solutions for on-device tracking of issues and diagnostics. Software solutions to service repair within 3rd party service provider.
- Create connectivity for seamless end to end consumer experiences from discovery to purchase to support and warranty visibility. Connectivity into Omni sales channels from Retail to e-Commerce. (Examples include POS system, Telephony, etc).
- Deploying customer relationship management tools and solutions to manage sales demand and customer interactions.
- Responsible for process and automation for enabling entitlement for customer service. Key activities include data integrations with support providers (outsourced), call centers, Reverse logistics & re-manufacture, automating case/call management, quality and field failure reporting.
- Build cutting edge solutions to track performance through full product lifecycle (including, return rates, Instock, TAT, Ship data, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience in software engineering
- 10+ years of technical program experience managing system deployments across complex landscapes
- 10+ years of experience with delivering software solutions for customer service and service repair functions
- Working in high volume consumer electronics industry shipping at scale to international destinations
- Integrating to third party partners
- Knowledge of integrating into Oracle systems
- Developing international markets.
- Knowledge of Omni channel sales
- Contract negotiation
- Ability to facilitate cross-functional discussions and efforts, lead decision facilitation, develop influence, and drive change management
- Ability to travel 35% to international locations
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top