Social VR: Identity PM
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
The Social VR Team is focused on using the powerful new medium of VR to enable people to interact in ways never before possible. In order to do this, we first need to give people social presence in VR, from how you look and express yourself through compelling avatars to how you invest in your VR identity, your likes, communities you start or join, activities and interests you enjoy and share and roles you play in these new virtual worlds.
In this role, you will take on the PM responsibility of our Identity Pillar within the Social VR Team. The ideal person for this role will be an advocate for our users in how they feel, look, express and belong in this new world of VR.
- Working in a highly cross-functional environment both within the Social VR team as well as with Oculus Platform and Core Tech, and Facebook.
- Being an advocate for the VR audience in how they are represented, build identity and connections within VR.
- Working with a highly skilled team with backgrounds from film, games and Facebook.
- Continually working to evolve and raise the bar of our products as VR itself evolves.
- 3+ years experience in production/product management.
- Experience managing delivery of multiple consumer products and features.
- Cross-functional communication, collaboration and negotiation experience.
- Proven organizational and analytical experience.
- Experience with VR product development
- Experience in visually rich, ideally 3D graphic, products, interactive games, film
- Experience with personal identity features and representation within social networks
Back to top