Social Platform Server Engineer (Oculus)
Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems and is reshaping how people experience entertainment, explore the universe and socialize with others. Come work alongside experts in software, hardware and research to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. The Oculus Social Platform team builds the key pieces that allow developers to focus on creating rich experiences and allows end users to move seamlessly between them. We are looking for a talented engineer to build the technologies upon which these pieces are built. The ideal candidate is a detailed oriented, server programmer with a passion for building large-scale social ecosystems.
- Design and build server infrastructure that powers all Social Platform services.
- Collaborate closely with client engineers to expose these services across all Oculus devices.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 3+ years software development experience shipping production software.
- Experience with server programming using C++, Java, C#, PHP/Hack or Python.
- Experience designing software systems and services.
- Experience building and maintaining large-scale server applications.
- Experience with identity services including authentication and authorization.
- Knowledge of systems architecture and performance trade-offs.
Back to top