Social Media Strategy Manager
(Menlo Park, CA - New York, NY)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
We're looking for a strategic and creative individual to manage the social presence and community engagement for Facebook's entertainment content. The Social Media Strategy Manager will help us understand and define our audience(s) and partner with internal teams to develop a cross channel strategy, develop content, lead community management, ensure creative excellence and brand consistency, and ultimately engage and grow Page followers and community. It is imperative that this individual be a passionate advocate for the Facebook mission. This is a full-time position based at our headquarters in Menlo Park.
- Pioneer the strategy for how to engage followers across channels, including primarily Facebook and Instagram, in addition to Twitter, YouTube, Tumblr etc., with a focused effort on increasing views and engagement.
- Define and drive the content calendar and collaborate with internal stakeholders and cross-functional partners to create, support, and execute content, campaigns and initiatives across key channels, ensuring content adheres to a consistent voice and brand guidelines
- Create new ways to use social platforms to enhance storytelling and interact with audiences.
- Understand the interests and behaviors of the audience and how to best connect with them.
- Manage a high volume of content creation (both internally and externally), ensuring excellence in project management and creative delivery
- Partner with marketing and PR counterparts to amplify campaigns and earned media strategies through social.
- Source appropriate agency partners and manage these relationships.
- Test and analyze results to measure the effectiveness of our efforts, with an emphasis on continuous optimization and iteration.
- 7+ years of social media and community management experience in the entertainment industry
- Ability to craft and manage social editorial calendars and content development, as well as agency partnerships
- Proven record of creativity and innovation in the social media space for entertainment and/or content driven brands
- Experience influencing organizational change and getting cross-functional teams working toward a common goal
- Ability to prioritize tasks, manage deadlines, adapt with changing priorities, and balance short-term needs with long-term strategic initiatives in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top