Facebook AR/VR focuses on delivering Facebook's vision through Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR). The compute performance and power efficiency requirements of Virtual and Augmented Reality require custom silicon. Facebook Silicon team is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, machine learning, mixed reality, graphics, displays, sensors, and new ways to map the human body. Our chips will enable AR and VR devices where our real and virtual world will mix and match throughout the day. We believe the only way to achieve our goals is to look at the entire stack, from transistor, through architecture, to firmware, and algorithms.
We are looking for a SOC Architect to support the development of our next-generation consumer product platforms that will provide breakthrough simulated reality user experiences. The successful candidate will lead our efforts to design/architect the hardware platforms for this activity and will be part of a team that includes electrical, mechanical, optical, firmware, software and ASIC experts.
This ideal candidate will have hands on experience architecting full SOC, NoC, ARM subsystems, hardware accelerators, DVFS, Power Modeling, Memory bandwidth Modeling etc.
This is a full-time position based in Menlo Park, CA.
- Implement and verify optimal design modules leading to FPGA emulation and ASIC implementation.
- Implement scalable test benches including Checkers, Reference Models, and Coverage Groups in SystemVerilog.
- Support post silicon bring-up and debug activities.
- Define a SOC subsystems including interconnects, busses and interfaces.
- Build models for data traffic between subunits and memories.
- Translate System Modes to SOC Data Flows.
- Build models for Power Voltage Scaling.
- Work closely with Design and Integration teams to model and build the SOC.
- BSc degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- 8+ years' experience in architecting SOC's.
- Experience programming in a high-level language like C++, or C.
- Experience in digital system design.
- Experience in microprocessor and memory architectures.
- Knowledge of methods for partitioning a solution across hardware and software, analogue and digital, and other multi-disciplinary boundaries in a system solution.
- Experience with SOCs, Display Engineering, Verilog/FPGAs, uControllers, and firmware.
- Experience with imaging including ISPs, Video Compression etc.
Back to top