Site Technical Manager
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
As a Site Technical Manager at Oculus, you will be responsible for sustaining production and manufacturing management at our manufacturing partners sites. You will be a key member of the Technical Operations team and will partner closely with Hardware Engineering, Quality, Test Engineering, Logistics, and our manufacturing partners providing early and ongoing manufacturing involvement to ensure new products are manufacturing-capable from concept, to mass production and through end of life. You will provide a link from the manufacturing site to the Engineering teams for factory and product issues for the entire product lifecycle, including supply continuity and refurbishment activities. You will be responsible for integrating the efforts of Operations Sourcing Managers, Supply Planners, Manufacturing Engineers, Test Engineers, Supply Base Engineers, Quality Engineers, Reliability Engineers, Logistics, Customer Service Representatives and Sales Operations personnel.
- Ideal candidates are those with experience in high volume mass production. Candidates must have strong manufacturing process experience. This must also be complemented with strong interpersonal and communication skills, keen focus on driving business results, ability to work in ambiguous environments, and strong willingness to collaborate and optimize overall business objectives. Other areas of responsibilities include:
- Work with manufacturing partners on yield improvement and process troubleshooting
- Contribute heavily to the design of the FATP (final assembly, test, and pack-out) line
- Application of Lean methodology in manufacturing line design, balancing and planning
- Drive cost and cycle time reduction
- Assist in driving ramp readiness with HW Engineering, Operations and manufacturing partner teams (includes capacity planning and managing capex equipment budget)
- Influence product manufacturability, testability, serviceability, reliability, flexibility and cost effectiveness by coordinating cross-functional teams during early development and ramp
- Drive cost avoidance programs through value engineering, manufacturing process improvement and yield enhancement programs
- Work with Oculus Logistics to ensure our 3PL and reverse logistics processes are qualified
- Work with Customer Service and Sales Ops to ensure our customer facing operations are debugged and ready to support first customer ship on new product introductions
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in Operations engineering activities
- Demonstrated technical skills and experience, including a detailed understanding of Final Assembly, Test, Pack and SMT processes
- Background driving China-based manufacturers, remotely and in-person
- Experience in using process driven and analytical approaches to problem-solving (Six Sigma, 8D, FMEA, etc.)
- Working knowledge of data analysis and statistics
- Proven bottom line project management experience (Planning, Cost, & Delivery)
- Proven strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to operate in dynamic, fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to travel up to 30 to 40%.
- Expertise in statistical software
- Experience with optical systems
- Mandarin and/or Cantonese language skills
- Six Sigma black belt certification
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top