Site Reliability Specialist, Product Operations
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Site Reliability Specialist to join the Product Operations team. The position is full-time and based in our main office in Menlo Park, CA. The Product Operations team fuels product quality and engagement by representing the voice of the people who use Facebook. As a Site Reliability Specialist, your role is to be the first responder to the largest and most important product issues that impact millions of people on Facebook. You will investigate problems that our users are experiencing and get them resolved as quickly as possible by collaborating with and influencing cross-functional teams throughout the company, including product and engineering. You’ll also manage projects that grow the impact of your team and the people around you.
- Investigate and drive resolution of high-impact events that break Facebook functionality
- Uncover and advocate for preventative, upstream solutions so our users will experience as few problems as possible
- Confidently make informed, data-driven decisions in a fast paced environment with competing priorities
- Identify and drive opportunities to improve the way we serve people who use Facebook
- Lead large ambiguous projects that have impact across many teams in a structured, systematic way
- Drive the best user experience possible on Facebook, advocating for our community
- BA/BS Degree
- 1 or more years of experience diagnosing technical problems
- 1+ years of experience working in tech, consulting, or an operational capacity
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Demonstrated experience coaching and mentoring the people around them
- The ability to analyze and prioritize problems, and to adjust to changing circumstances
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top