Site Reliability Specialist
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Site Reliability Specialist to join the Product Operations team. The position is full-time and based in our main office in Menlo Park, CA. The Product Operations team fuels product quality and engagement by representing the voice of the people who use Facebook. As a Site Reliability Specialist, your role is to be the first responder to the largest and most important product issues that impact millions of people on Facebook. You will leverage data tools and other sources of user feedback to investigate problems that our users are experiencing and get them resolved as quickly as possible. You'll also manage projects by collaborating with and influencing cross-functional teams throughout the company, including product and engineering, to grow the impact of your team and improve user experience.
- Investigate and drive resolution of high-impact events that break Facebook functionality
- Uncover and advocate for preventative, upstream solutions so our users will experience as few problems as possible
- Confidently make informed, data-driven decisions in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Identify and drive opportunities to improve the way we serve people who use Facebook
- Lead large ambiguous projects that have impact across many teams in a structured, systematic way
- Drive the best user experience possible on Facebook, advocating for our community
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product Management to support and execute goals, by elevating the voice of the user as an input into decision-making
- BA/BS Degree
- 2 or more years of experience working in tech, consulting, or an operational capacity
- 1 or more years of experience diagnosing technical problems
- Track record of leadership and ability to work independently
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Demonstrated experience coaching and mentoring the people around them
- Experience with SQL
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top