Site Project Manager
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an individual skilled across multiple disciplines to join the Data Center Operations Team. The person should enjoy working in a complex and highly technical environment where innovation, planning and communication is key to their success. This position is full-time and will be based in Lulea, Sweden.
- Lead Data Center specific projects that may span several functions or sites, coordinating work across these and ensuring on-time delivery of the project.
- Establish initial overall plan of new Data Center projects, including defining the time schedule, scope, risk analysis and resource estimates.
- Ensure alignment with centrally based Operation Program Managers and Technical Program Managers as well as Data Center-based PM roles on other teams to enable delivery of complex projects.
- Handle communications of project progress to stakeholders, and define initial communication paths.
- Lead and define all local collaboration channels such as meetings, groups and reports.
- Act as local escalation point for issues affecting the delivery of projects, and facilitate resolution of issues where support outside of the project team is required. Act as conduit for feedback on existing and new processes deployed at the Data Centers.
- Work as a coordination point for regional capacity related projects and coordinate with local resources.
- Drive coordinated efforts that impact global timelines for retrofits, decoms, and new construction within the Site or wider region
- Manage day-to-day work within project directly where required, and act as support and coordinator for areas managed by other PM functions.
- Act as mentor both at the site and for peers globally, and represent and temporarily lead work in the team if manager is absent.
- B.Eng, B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Seasoned years of technical project management experience, preferably in a large-scale data center environment.
- Broad experience working hands-on in large-scale Data Center environments, with 24/7 critical operations. Ability to jump in and work hands-on where required on technical matters.
- Strong technical ability with overall understanding of all of the following areas, with particular depth on at least two is required: Server hardware, Operating systems and provisioning, Physical and logical capacity planning, Data Center cooling and power, Asset management, Fiber and network technology, Data Center Construction.
- Experience leading projects in a Data Center environment including areas such as Construction to Operations, Capacity planning, turn-ups and decommissioning, Retrofits in live environments and process and tooling innovation.
- Project management experience in building scalable initiatives, defining roadmaps and translating strategic initiatives into tactical, objective projects.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to prioritize effectively and work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills - ability to build solid relationships, build consensus and remove roadblocks. Ability to effectively communicate with many stakeholders across different teams and locations.
- Comfortable with ambiguity â€" Ability to get the project moving until all the ambiguity has been identified and clarified. Ability to consume large amount of information and separate the signal from the noise. Self-starter and able to operate with complete autonomy. Resourceful, action-orientated with the ability to get things done and overcome obstacles.
- Deal with multiple projects â€" Ability to juggle between different priorities and projects
- Ability to travel up to 30% required.
Back to top