Site Project Manager
Facebook is seeking an individual skilled across multiple disciplines to join the Data Center Operations Team. The person should enjoy working in a complex and highly technical environment where innovation, planning and communication is key to their success. This position is full-time and will be based in Lulea, Sweden.
SITE PROJECT MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead Data Center specific projects that may span several functions or sites, coordinating work across these and ensuring on-time delivery of the project.
- Establish initial overall plan of new Data Center projects, including defining the time schedule, scope, risk analysis and resource estimates.
- Ensure alignment with centrally based Operation Program Managers and Technical Program Managers as well as Data Center-based PM roles on other teams to enable delivery of complex projects.
- Handle communications of project progress to stakeholders, and define initial communication paths.
- Lead and define all local collaboration channels such as meetings, groups and reports.
- Act as local escalation point for issues affecting the delivery of projects, and facilitate resolution of issues where support outside of the project team is required. Act as conduit for feedback on existing and new processes deployed at the Data Centers.
- Work as a coordination point for regional capacity related projects and coordinate with local resources.
- Drive coordinated efforts that impact global timelines for retrofits, decoms, and new construction within the Site or wider region
- Manage day-to-day work within project directly where required, and act as support and coordinator for areas managed by other PM functions.
- Act as mentor both at the site and for peers globally, and represent and temporarily lead work in the team if manager is absent.
- B.Eng, B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Seasoned years of technical project management experience, preferably in a large-scale data center environment.
- Broad experience working hands-on in large-scale Data Center environments, with 24/7 critical operations. Ability to jump in and work hands-on where required on technical matters.
- Strong technical ability with overall understanding of all of the following areas, with particular depth on at least two is required: Server hardware, Operating systems and provisioning, Physical and logical capacity planning, Data Center cooling and power, Asset management, Fiber and network technology, Data Center Construction.
- Experience leading projects in a Data Center environment including areas such as Construction to Operations, Capacity planning, turn-ups and decommissioning, Retrofits in live environments and process and tooling innovation.
- Project management experience in building scalable initiatives, defining roadmaps and translating strategic initiatives into tactical, objective projects.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to prioritize effectively and work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills - ability to build solid relationships, build consensus and remove roadblocks. Ability to effectively communicate with many stakeholders across different teams and locations.
- Comfortable with ambiguity - Ability to get the project moving until all the ambiguity has been identified and clarified. Ability to consume large amount of information and separate the signal from the noise. Self-starter and able to operate with complete autonomy. Resourceful, action-orientated with the ability to get things done and overcome obstacles.
- Deal with multiple projects - Ability to juggle between different priorities and projects
- Ability to travel up to 30% required.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Critical Facility Engineer
- Critical Facility Manager
- Electrical Specialist, Subject Matter Expert
- Infrastructure Materials Manager
Menlo Park, CA
- Lead Controls Specialist, Subject Matter Expert
- Mechanical Specialist, Subject Matter Expert
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Yumeng T.Research Scientist
Yumeng spends her days working with machine learning models for search products and completing product-level coding projects.
Back to top