Silicon Technical Program Manager
- Woodinville, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook Silicon Program Management team is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, machine learning, mixed reality, graphics, displays, sensors, and new ways to map the human body. Our chips will enable AR devices where our real and virtual world will mix and match throughout the day. We believe the only way to achieve our goals is to look at the entire stack, from transistor, through architecture, to firmware, and algorithms.We are looking for professional with silicon/chip development background who can contribute to products from definition through production. This role will also expose you to many cross functional teams and you will get to experience building products for the future. This position will help you leverage your technical skills in a multi-functional leadership role. This is a phenomenal opportunity to engage in cutting edge technologies from the get-go. This role requires you to ensure that our custom silicon designs meet the technical, quality and schedule requirements on complex products. The program management team drives full silicon design cycle from initial concept, through implementation, validation and release to end product. You will utilize your technical know-how and program management skills, to drive program schedules and resolve technical issues that enable on-time quality silicon delivery. You will help focus design teams on meeting schedule and unblocking technical issues. You will drive focused technical sessions to track and follow up on issues.
- Serve as the primary point of accountability for Silicon TPM execution.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships across Silicon engineering and cross-functional leadership.
- Work with a cross-functional team of PM, EE, FW, SW to set milestones, create integration plans and identify/address potential setbacks/risks and mitigation plans that enable the definition and execution of next generation hardware products.
- Develop schedules, identify critical paths and bottlenecks and maintain execution throughout the duration of programs.
- Effectively communicate program status to key cross-functional stakeholders and leadership.
- Work cross-functionally to develop best practices and technology development processes in a quickly-changing and dynamic environment to ensure on time delivery.
- Drive on-time design, development and delivery of pre-silicon development vehicles including FPGAs.
- Manage delivery of chips for the development builds and ensure qualification to meet mass production timelines.
- Ensure program documents are complete, current and available for staff and leadership review.
- Contribute to resource planning to ensure program success.
- Embed with engineering teams to manage external vendors engaged in the development of various SOCs, including managing resources, setting review processes, working with supply chain and operations, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in silicon/ASIC program management.
- Experience dealing with ambiguity with a fast changing consumer electronics field.
- Experience in managing silicon product cycle from concept to delivery.
- Understanding of hardware and software integration challenges.
- Committed to owning/driving project development using well-defined metrics.
- Proven communicator and teammate with experience working effectively with teams with dynamic strengths and experience across multiple locations.
- ASIC Design experience.
- Know how of ASIC firmware development.
- Works effectively as an individual and in a multidisciplinary team.
- Results oriented, self-motivated, proactive with demonstrated creative & critical thinking.
- Experience collaborating and/or leading in a team environment.
- Knowledge of industry trends and disruptive technologies.
Back to top