Silicon Security Architect
Facebook Reality Labs, or FRL, focuses on delivering Facebook's vision through Augmented Reality (AR). Compute power requirements of Augmented Reality require custom silicon. Facebook Silicon team is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, machine learning, mixed reality, graphics, displays, sensors, and new ways to map the human body. Our chips will enable AR devices where our real and virtual world will mix and match throughout the day. We believe the only way to achieve our goals is to look at the entire stack, from transistor, through architecture, to firmware, and algorithms.
We are looking for a Security Architect who will work with a world-class group of researchers and engineers. This ideal candidate will understand the full spectrum of silicon security architecture and analysis including IP level through to SoC and System level implications.
- Drive a silicon security architecture that includes functions from secure boot, to encryption, to protection to device authentication.
- Work across disciplines, brainstorm big ideas, build new methodologies, juggle/coordinate multiple initiatives, drive a concept into a prototype and ultimately guide the transition into a high-volume consumer product.
- Drive trade-offs between general purpose industry models and custom security mechanisms, model threats, and create detailed cost/benefit analysis of security solutions.
- Guide a small team in undertaking IP and SoC level security components.
- Produce detailed documents and SystemC models matching the proposed ASIC implementation, and produce detailed trade-off analyses for executive review and product roadmap decisions.
- Works effectively as an individual and in a multidisciplinary international team.
- 10+ years of experience as a Security Architect for production silicon shipped in volume
- Experience in top down high-level-model to IP level security
- Experience with methods for managing a secure solution across hardware and software, analog and digital, and other multi-disciplinary boundaries in a system solution
- MSEE/CS or equivalent experience
- Capable of dealing with ambiguity with a fast changing consumer electronics field
- Results oriented, self-motivated, proactive with demonstrated creative & critical thinking
- Ability to collaborate and/or lead in a team environment
- Knowledge of industry trends and disruptive technologies
Back to top