Silicon Prototyping and Emulation Engineer
Facebook Reality Labs, or FRL, focuses on delivering Facebook's vision through Augmented Reality (AR). Compute power requirements of Augmented Reality require custom silicon. Facebook Silicon team is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, machine learning, mixed reality, graphics, displays, sensors, and new ways to map the human body. Our chips will enable AR devices where our real and virtual world will mix and match throughout the day. We believe the only way to achieve our goals is to look at the entire stack, from transistor, through architecture, to firmware, and algorithms.
The word 'proto' means original, primitive, first; anterior; relating to a precursor and so does this role! Our team is working closely with the best AR algorithm engineers to create first of its kind silicon. The only way we can build the "right" thing, is to quickly iterate on non-form-factor implementation. Our proto team puts the designs in a system, before, during, and after, the design is complete. A successful candidate will be positioned in the center of algorithm, software, design, and verification.
- Develop prototyping and emulation strategy, including vendor and tool selection, capacity planning, and flows setup
- Work closely with algorithm engineers, software engineers, architects and designers to quickly prototype new systems and features
- Work closely with software and design verification engineers to assist software development and hardware verification for new systems
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of experience or Masters with 4+ years of experience or PhD with 1+ years of experience, in an Engineering field
- Knowledge in SystemVerilog for design and verification, scripting languages such as Python, and C/CPP
- Experience with FPGA and/or emulation platforms
- Experience with lab system debug with logic analyzers, scopes, meters, etc.
- Chip architecture, µArchitecture, design and design verification experience
- Performance modeling and evaluation
- Knowledge of OS kernel and experience in driver development
- Familiarity with IO's such as MIPI CSI & DSI, USB, PCIE, LPDDR
- Capable of dealing with ambiguity with a fast changing consumer electronics field
- Results oriented, self-motivated, proactive with demonstrated creative & critical thinking
- Works effectively as an individual and in a multidisciplinary international team
Back to top