Silicon Power/Performance Architect
Facebook Reality Labs, or FRL, focuses on delivering Facebook's vision through Augmented Reality (AR). Compute power requirements of Augmented Reality require custom silicon. Facebook Silicon team is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, machine learning, mixed reality, graphics, displays, sensors, and new ways to map the human body. Our chips will enable AR devices where our real and virtual world will mix and match throughout the day. We believe the only way to achieve our goals is to look at the entire stack, from transistor, through architecture, to firmware, and algorithms.
FRL is looking for a Silicon Performance/Power Architect who will work with a world-class group of researchers and engineers. This ideal candidate will understand the full spectrum of silicon performance and/or power modeling, analysis, and projections from algorithms on generic compute units to custom silicon IP blocks, traditional compute benchmarking, and SOC and System level implications.
- Define performance/power architecture that includes functions such as image compute, CPU/GPU benchmarking, throughput and QoS analysis, performance/power architectures and detailed modeling and analysis.
- Surpass state of the art for metrics such as compute, bandwidth and power consumption.
- Work across disciplines, brainstorm big ideas, build new methodologies, juggle/coordinate multiple initiatives, drive a concept into a prototype and ultimately guide the transition into a high-volume consumer product.
- Understand the tradeoffs between general purpose and custom compute mechanisms, be able to model data-flows, and create detailed cost/benefit analysis.
- Guiding a small team of other Architects in undertaking power/performance analysis, modeling, and projections. They will produce detailed documents and SystemC models matching the proposed ASIC implementation, and produce detailed tradeoff analyses for executive review and product roadmap decisions.
- Plan and document Performance and/or Power test plan for silicon.
- 7+ years of experience with production silicon shipped in high volume
- Experience with methods for partitioning a solution across hardware and software, digital, and other multi-disciplinary boundaries in a system solution
- Experience evaluating architectural trade-offs of performance, power, and area
- Experience employing scientific methods to debug, diagnose and drive the resolution of cross-disciplinary system issues
- MSEE/CS or equivalent experience
- Experience in top down high-level-model to HW mapping
- Experience in SystemC, trace based, performance/power modeling
- Experience in technology node scaling and projections
- Experience in custom IP block performance/power estimates
- Experience programming in C or C++
- Experience in DSP coding and optimization
- Experience working effectively as an individual and in a multidisciplinary team
- Capable of dealing with ambiguity with a fast changing consumer electronics field
- Results oriented, self-motivated, proactive with demonstrated creative & critical thinking
- Ability to collaborate and/or lead in a team environment
Back to top