Silicon Power Architect
(Menlo Park, CA - Redmond, WA)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus Research, the research division of Oculus (Facebook), is looking for a Silicon Power Architect who will work with a world-class group of researchers and engineers. This ideal candidate will understand the full spectrum of silicon power modeling, analysis, and projections from algorithms on generic compute units to custom silicon IP blocks, traditional benchmarking, and SoC and System level implications.
- Architect and drive a silicon power architecture that includes functions such as image compute, CPU/GPU benchmarking, power optimization architectures and detailed modeling and analysis.
- Surpass state of the art for metrics such as compute, bandwidth and power consumption.
- Work across disciplines, brainstorm big ideas, build new methodologies, juggle/coordinate multiple initiatives, drive a concept into a prototype and ultimately guide the transition into a high-volume consumer product.
- Make trade-offs between general purpose and custom compute mechanisms, model workloads, and create detailed cost/benefit analysis.
- Guiding other Architects in undertaking power analysis, modeling, and projections.
- Produce detailed documents and SystemC models matching the proposed ASIC implementation, and produce detailed trade-off analyses for executive review and product roadmap decisions.
- Works effectively as an individual and in a multidisciplinary international team.
- 7+ years of experience as a Power Architect for production silicon shipped in volume.
- Experience with managing a solution across hardware and software, analogue and digital, and other multi-disciplinary boundaries in a system solution.
- Experience with CPU/GPU/Custom ASIC early power projections and modeling with feedback from silicon.
- Experience employing scientific methods to debug, diagnose and drive the resolution of cross-disciplinary system issues.
- MS EE/CS or equivalent experience.
- Capable of dealing with ambiguity with a fast changing consumer electronics field.
- Results oriented, self-motivated, proactive with demonstrated creative & critical thinking.
- Experience in SystemC, trace based, power modeling.
- Experience in technology node scaling and projections.
- Experience in custom IP block power estimates.
- Knowledge of industry trends and disruptive technologies.
- Ability to collaborate and/or lead in a team environment.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top