Silicon Package Development Engineer
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook Reality Labs focuses on delivering Facebook's vision through Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR). The compute performance and power efficiency requirements of Virtual and Augmented Reality require custom silicon. Facebook Silicon team is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, machine learning, mixed reality, graphics, displays, sensors, and new ways to map the human body. Our chips will enable AR and VR devices where our real and virtual world will mix and match throughout the day. We believe the only way to achieve our goals is to look at the entire stack, from transistor, through architecture, to firmware and algorithms. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world.We are seeking a Silicon Package Development Engineer to join our silicon team. We are building a competency in Packaging technology to support the development of custom Si for AR/VR hardware as well as to develop Packaging solutions that are optimal for our device ID and system level performance.
- Develop and qualify packaging for Facebook's custom silicon with configurations ranging from single-chip, module, SiP and processor-memory integration as well as downstream board and system level assembly.
- Develop reliability requirements and test plans at component and system levels targeted toward AR/VR products and use cases.
- Work closely with internal silicon, architecture and system teams and externally engaged partners, design houses and OSAT companies to develop package architecture, performance/reliability requirements and manufacturing specifications.
- Bachelors degree in materials science, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience in advanced Si package and SiP module development and manufacturing.
- Experience taking products from concept to production including development of manufacturing specifications, vendor qualifications and improvement of manufacturing efficiencies and costs.
- Masters degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Material Science or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with advanced SiP module design, development and manufacturing.
- Familiarity with risk assessment and mitigation methodologies like FMEA and DFM.
Back to top