Silicon Architecture Manager
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook Reality Labs, or FRL, focuses on delivering Facebook's vision through Augmented Reality (AR). Compute power requirements of Augmented Reality require custom silicon. Facebook Silicon team is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, machine learning, mixed reality, graphics, displays, sensors, and new ways to map the human body. Our chips will enable AR devices where our real and virtual world will mix and match throughout the day. We believe the only way to achieve our goals is to look at the entire stack, from transistor, through architecture, to firmware, and algorithms.
Oculus Research, the research division of Oculus (Facebook), is looking for a Silicon Architecture Manager who will work with a world-class group of researchers and engineers. This ideal candidate will understand the full stack from algorithms and architecture down to silicon back end and qualification to ensure consistency from Architecture to Product. We are seeking a Silicon Architect Manager to drive a silicon design that includes functions such as image compute, display, 3D sensing (SLAM), environment and body tracking, user interface and sound.
- Architect designs to surpass state of the art for metrics such as compute, bandwidth and power consumption.
- Work across disciplines, brainstorm big ideas, work in new technology areas, juggle/coordinate multiple initiatives, drive a concept into a prototype and ultimately guide the transition into a high-volume consumer product.
- Make trade-offs between general purpose and custom compute mechanisms.
- Model data-flows, create detailed cost/benefit analysis and estimate power consumption.
- Perform architectural studies including selecting ASIC technologies, FPGA ASIC emulation, and other system topics such as interface approaches, etc.
- Support FPGA/RTL engineers implementing such algorithms for real time evaluation or silicon integration and Silicon SoC Architects with integration, documentation and implementation.
- Produce detailed documents and SystemC models matching the proposed ASIC implementation, and produce detailed trade-off analyses for executive review and product roadmap decisions.
- Travel both domestically and internationally.
- 7+ years of experience as a Digital Design Engineer, Silicon Architect, and Silicon Architect for production silicon shipped
- 3+ years of Management Experience leading teams
- Experience with methods for partitioning a solution across hardware and software, digital, and other multi-disciplinary boundaries in a system solution
- Experience in evaluating architectural trade-offs such as speed, performance, power, area
- Experience in employing scientific methods to debug, diagnose and drive the resolution of cross-disciplinary system issues
- BS EE/CS or equivalent areas
- Experience with top down high-level-model to HW mapping
- Knowledge of industry trends and disruptive technologies
- Capable of dealing with ambiguity with a fast changing consumer electronics field
- Programming experience in C or C++
- Experience with DSP coding and optimization
- Works effectively as an individual and in a multidisciplinary international team
- Results oriented, self-motivated, proactive with demonstrated creative & critical thinking
- Ability to collaborate and/or lead in a team environment
Back to top