Signal Processing Engineer, Building 8
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance Facebook’s mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA-style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. The Technical Project Team has the responsibility for scoping the effort from inception to product, communicating it to others, creating the partnerships necessary to achieve targeted results, and hitting key milestones. We seek Signal Processing Engineers who will define and develop audio signal processing algorithms and systems for a communication and computing platform of the future. We are looking for a slightly impatient individual willing to face down their fear of failure to accomplish bold things. This is a two-year position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Lead, define, and develop speech and audio signal processing algorithms and systems
- Implement algorithms in functioning hardware
- A foundation in audio signal processing that includes formal education through at least a MS degree
- Industry experience in signal processing
- Implementation of algorithms in functioning hardware (e.g., DSP, FPGA, embedded systems
- Programming skills in Matlab, C, C++, or equivalent
- Team work and communication skills
- Experience working in a unstructured environment
- Industry experience in audio signal processing
- A portfolio of audio projects that he or she has designed, prototyped, and optimized for commercial release
- Experience with voice/speech processing
- Speech and audio feature extraction and normalization techniques
- Neural networks, machine learning, and artificial intelligence techniques
- PhD degree
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top