Service Business Operations Lead, Building 8
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance Facebook’s mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA-style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. The Product Launch Team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. Building 8 seeks a Service Business Operations Lead with the ability to design and implement world-class customer support services at Facebook’s Building 8. This particular role will be responsible for developing a service strategy, warranty cost theory, and financial planning for the customer care business. All activities will be anchored on conducting quantitative and qualitative industry research studies. The role combines strategy, planning, and P&L support. You will work cross functionally with finance, product management, and go-to-market to develop this business. We are looking for a slightly impatient individual willing to face down their fear of failure to accomplish bold things. This is a full time position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Develop warranty costing models and financial theory to support launches consumer electronics products.
- Warranty costs or OCOGS creation
- Manage weekly DFS/Spare parts usage rates to determine warranty cost impacts.
- Negotiating and closing contracts with Suppliers and Vendors
- Cost accounting development (using activity based costing approach)
- Contact center costs
- Partner with finance to drive spare parts material buys, Cost Per Repair, Capex
- Partner with go-to-market team to develop limited warranty policies and contract manufacturer procedures
- Drive business case studies and validation related to service and repair strategies. Partner the CX lead to create the 3 year channel strategy that serves all touch points of consumer experience from Discovery/Buy/Use to Support.
- Offer approaches to Service, using data research
- Financial viability of service (e.g. repair methods – Adv. exchange or SUR)
- Contact center and repair vendor selections globally
- Define and rollout the partner ecosystem to support B8 projects
- Design business intelligence metrics and performance measurements.
- Partner with Facebook internal data analytics teams to determine customer expectations
- Drive industry benchmarking, focus groups and research studies related to CS
- Lead development of business insights and intelligence. For example, executive presentation, thought leadership, and decision making
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Finance, Operations, Accounting or a closely related field.
- 10+ years of work experience, including 4+ years of related consumer experience in an Internet or hardware company.
- 5+ years experience with warranty policies and warranty cost modeling.
- Experience driving qualitative and quantitative studies.
- Analytical, problem solving, managing and measuring work progress.
- Communication skills with the ability to present service vision.
- Influencing, negotiating with suppliers, and interpersonal skills
- Analytical and modeling skills.
- Experience with structuring problems, identifying analyses and creating appropriate presentations and story lines to influence executive decisions.
- Experience planning for and managing projects, and coordinating and collaborating with cross-functional team members to deliver results within the project deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% to global locations.
- Technical Cost Accounting and Finance background
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top