Senior Site Manager (Data Center Operations)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Senior Operations, Site Manager to establish, lead and scale our new Data Center. Our datacenters, and the tens of thousands of servers installed in them, are the foundation upon which our rapidly scaling infrastructure efficiently operates and upon which our innovative services are delivered. Facebook is at the leading edge of the global datacenter industry both in terms of how datacenters are designed and operated. The establishment of our newest data center in Odense is an important milestone in the evolution of Facebook's datacenter expansion.
- Establishing and managing a Data Center Operations Team responsible for the planning, installation, maintenance and operation of server hardware and supporting infrastructure at scale.
- Responsible for delivery of Facebook's products and services from the datacenter site, and for ensuring operational delivery through collaboration and partnership with both remote and local peer organizations.
- Responsible for leading Public Relations, Public Policy and Site Operations Management on behalf of Facebook and the Odense datacenter site, by managing the ongoing relationships with local, regional and national entities
- Work with peer organizations and regional teams that affect and deliver services to datacenter operations such as network operations, project management, facilities/maintenance management, logistics and supply chain operations in order to successfully deliver and maintain datacenter capacity to support ongoing business growth
- Mentoring and developing managers and leads such that they can run daily operations with minimal supervision
- Build and lead a diverse, world-class datacenter operations team, developing both the technical capabilities and leadership qualities of individual contributors and managers
- Collaborating with other Datacenter Site Managers in datacenter sites around the globe to evolve and optimize processes and approaches in a globally consistent way to allow Facebook to scale and grow effectively.
- Finding creative ways to keep operating costs to a minimum including the development and management of budgets and business compliance.
- Create and drive a culture of ownership, innovation, collaboration, accountability, and safety. Support and contribute thought leadership to the development and implementation of business practices which support the growth and ongoing management of our global datacenter IT footprint
- Minimum 10+ years of management of technology operations in critical environments, preferably including datacenter operations
- Ability and desire to work in a bleeding edge, technical, dynamic, hands-on environment and demonstrated ability to naturally leverage technology to manage and grow environments effectively
- Highly experienced in personnel management, organizational leadership, people development and team growth
- Experience in influencing and leading a diverse group of people, partners suppliers across multiple disciplines
- Understanding of data center power, cooling, network, structured cabling, server and storage infrastructure
- Strong leadership presence with a demonstrated ability to make informed decisions with minimal direction and to effectively prioritize across multiple competing demands in a fluid, ambiguous, changeable environment.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills. Comfortable communicating effectively internally across disciplines and organizations at all levels within Facebook and externally at public events to public representatives and the press.
- Ability to speak Danish is preferred. Must be able to speak English as a technical, business language.
- Approximately 30% travel required
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top