Security Project Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook Security focuses on keeping the people who use Facebook and our employees safe. The ideal candidate will have a passion for security and a commitment to project execution. We are looking for someone with strong communication skills, previous experience coordinating projects and is able to work cross-functionally. The Security Project Manager will join the Security Programs & Operations team. As a member of this team, you will be managing projects end to end and proactively identifying and mitigating issues. This role is located in our Menlo Park headquarters.
- Partner with project managers to define scope, objectives and metrics for success
- Work with internal team to understand and perform the day to day work of our Security programs in order to implement new processes, and contribute to ongoing process improvements
- Ongoing communication of planning, project status, issues and risks in a timely manner to program stakeholder
- Ability to distill complex issues and feedback into meaningful directive communications
- Mine data analytically and extract impactful operational insight
- Manage development of data resources, gather requirements, organize sources and support various operational initiatives
- Tech savvy, proficient in using service apps, and thrives on using technology to solve problems
- Ability to build and maintain reports, dashboards and metrics around performance
- Ability to handle a number of simultaneous tasks while demonstrating urgency and ownership to drive tasks and issues to completion
- 5+ years of experience coordinating technical projects involving multiple internal and external teams
- Communication skills and the ability to work with external partners
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision
- Must be organized, detail and goal oriented, and a self-starter
- Ability to adapt to changing business situations
- Experience in coordinating information security projects
- Project management certification
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top