Security Partner - Oculus
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook's security team is seeking a highly talented and motivated security engineer for Oculus. This is a high impact role with a high profile team, offering the opportunity to work with the latest technologies in an environment that encourages big ideas and radical new approaches. You will work alongside some of the best security people in the world, making sure that the data, devices and user experiences that we are trusted to protect are secured to the highest standard. The ideal candidate will share our passion for designing and driving to closure efficient solutions to complex security problems, while minimizing employee friction and maximizing productivity.
- Design and build class-leading solutions to Oculus' security challenges and security requirements
- Provide subject matter expertise on architecture, authentication and system security
- Provide actionable security guidance on a constant stream of new projects and technologies
- Proactively find and drive to closure security risks and problems
- Design and drive to closure internal tools security solutions that detect and respond to security issues
- Make self-driven intelligent decisions around prioritization of efforts based on risk across product and technology domains
- Perform security assessments of anything from a physical security system to a complex web application
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Communications and leadership skills across organizational and technical discipline boundaries
- Experience working with multiple operating systems, with knowledge of Linux, Android and Windows
- Background in host, network, web and application security, including web browser security
- Knowledge of the Android security model
- Security architecture design and Threat modeling
- Track record of creating and implementing scalable security processes across an organization
- Security code review skills and an ability to organize and evaluate security/penetration tests
- Experience with applied cryptography including PKI, SSL, Symmetric and Asymmetric cipher primitives and key management
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, and network services such as DNS, SMTP, DHCP, etc.
- Experience with an interpreted programming language (PHP, Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.)
- Knowledge of internet security issues and the threat landscape
- Native development experience in C/C++ on Android
- Familiarity with C# and .NET Framework
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top