Security Partner - Emerging Technologies
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is expanding our business beyond what would typically be considered the purview of social networks. We seek an experienced Security Engineer to join our Security Partnership team and as a leader on projects involving new technology. You will work with one of the strongest security teams in the world, making sure that the data we are trusted to protect is secured to the highest standard. The ideal candidate will share our passion for solving complicated business and security problems, while minimizing friction and maximizing productivity and impact.This is a technical position, requiring both deep and broad technical knowledge across a range of security disciplines.
- Drive security efforts across various Facebook projects involving hardware, software and big data
- Build deep relationships with product and engineering leaders within Facebook's emerging businesses
- Drive security risk decisions, and influence technical architecture
- Act as the primary liaison between the product and engineering teams, and the Facebook Security team
- Develop and maintain deep industry expertise in embedded software and device development
- 10+ years experience in information security
- Experience in mobile device product development
- A proven ability to communicate security risks and plans to address them to senior leadership
- Technical knowledge across security disciplines – web application, mobile, infrastructure, etc.
- A proven ability to build relationships with key stakeholders and business leaders
- Experience with international standards for security and privacy (HIPAA, Privacy Shield, and PCI for example)
- Operating system and firmware expertise
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top