Security Operations Manager, APAC
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
At Facebook we work to guarantee that our business runs smoothly so that we effectively meet client and customer needs. As the Operations Manager you will ensure the efficient operation of all day-to-day operations at your facility or region, including but not limited to vendor management and special events as well as managing a wide variety of projects and team operations.
- Project ManagementDrive the delivery of new projects, policies, guidelines, and/or systems that increase efficiency and scalability.
- Prioritize tasks, personnel, and resources based on operational and budget requirements.
- Be a responsible central POC with external clients, business partners, and vendors.
- Serve as a self-directed, resourceful and intuitive project manager able to analyze data and metrics to make decisions.
- Manage Vendor Invoice Requests and Purchase Orders including cancelations, updates, delivery issues, and obtain feedback on services delivered.
- Manage vendor performance and service delivery, management meetings, execution of Global KPIs, and drive quarterly business reviews with all regional Global Security partners.
- Conduct weekly meetings with team of direct reports or other personnel as needed, to review needs and project updates.
- Write, edit and analyze reports to track operational efficiencies and gaps
- share statistics and updates with stakeholders.
- Possess a clear understanding of Facebook and Global Security goals and develop a clear vision of exactly how operations will help achieve them.
- Perform audits, risk assessments and assess security needs and best fit for sites including vendors, existing technology and security capabilities.
- Support the development of Processes, Best Practices, and other documentation for regional offices.
- Schedule and coordinate special events including but not limited to budget and inventory management.
- Implement process improvements and improved resource alignment to ensure efficient day-to-day operations.
- Assess measurable and visible impact of operational and tactical procedures.
- People ManagementBuild productive working relationships with stakeholders and partners globally and in region. Leverage those relationships as appropriate.
- Identify and develop internal, or external, employees with the potential to fill key leadership positions as well as plan for employee succession.
- Manage hiring needs, pay rates, overseeing assignment of full-time employees and contractors.
- Ensure vendor staff has appropriate level of training for a wide variety of projects and assignments.
- 6 to 9 years of extensive experience in an APAC wide Corporate Security/Safety related role
- Demonstrated experience in the development of security procedures and processes
- Understanding of Security design specifications and standards
- Strong communication, organizational and leadership skills
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Workplace Incident Management, Emergency Response, Crisis Management, and Business Continuity
- Project management skills and experience
- Ability to speak additional languages preferable
- Experience conducting investigations including criminal, human resources, and safety incidents.
- Experience with security technologies including CCTV, Access Control, and Incident Management Systems.
- Proven track record in managing security operations and security personnel and delivering high quality, customer-oriented security programs.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top