Security Operations Center Manager
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Security Operations Center (SOC) Manager leads a 24/7 Data Center SOC team protecting Facebook's people, assets and reputation. Leads, guides and directs daily SOC operations; in partnership with the Data Center Security Manager, the SOC Manager develops, implements and supports Global Security Operations, Data Center Security, and Crisis Management initiatives, processes and best practices to support strategic goals and drive performance metrics. Monitors events that have the potential to compromise the safety and security of Facebook's personnel, offices, data centers, and corporate locations. Provides support to business partners and manages the escalation and communication of security issues to both field and HQ leadership. Leads and supports the cross-organizational crisis management team in situations when the SOC activates its Incident Command capabilities.
- Leads the SOC team on a daily basis in support of all designated SOC functions with little or no oversight.
- Monitors key performance indicators, determines gaps in performance metrics, and recommends/executes change management techniques for efficiency/quality improvements.
- Develops and manages staffing requirements to ensure contractor is recruiting, hiring, training, developing, and retaining highly qualified team members.
- Ensures SOC receives timely and effective training on all current and new technologies and processes.
- Routinely engages with cross-functional teams to evaluate SOC's ability to meet stakeholder needs.
- Regularly reviews standard operating procedures and protocols to ensure SOC continues to effectively meet operational requirements.
- Develops a deep understanding of operational risks and drives the response process in order to minimize the impact of these risks.
- Influences and improves upon existing processes through innovation and operational change.
- Develops and supports strategic plans and projects to meet Global Security and SOC goals and objectives.
- Provides information and strategic guidance to leadership during incidents and crises.
- Evaluates existing technical capabilities and systems and identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Develops a strong working relationship with key business partners to ensure cross-departmental co-operation and business support to include local emergency services.
- Ability and willingness to travel (globally).
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 6+ years of work experience in an operations center environment (GSOC, SOC, Fusion Center, or similar 24x7 communications hub).
- Communication, time management, and decision-making experience.
- Experience in influencing key business partners without authority.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining cross-functional working relationships.
- Technical knowledge and operational experience with Security and SOC Technologies.
- Experience working with confidential information.
- ASIS Certified Protection Professional (CPP), Physical Security Professional (PSP) certifications and/or IAEM Certified Emergency Manager (CEM).
- Experience in the areas of emergency/disaster management, physical security, critical incident stress management, risk management and business resiliency.
- Experience working as part of a global team, spanning multiple time zones and cultures.
- Experience with data center operations.
- Vendor management experience.
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top